Saturday, June 19, 2010

Black hair care in South Korea?

I'm an Afro-Caribbean woman who wants to live in Seoul working as an English teach for a year. The only thing that really bothers me is that I think I will have problems finding somewhere to get my hair done. Does anyone know if there are any hairstylists/salons in Seoul (near Itaewon-dong) that do Black hair.



Black hair care in South Korea?

I know I really cant help you but if all else fails try to go to the military base. Maybe you can meet friends with other black girls from the military base. I am white but when I was in the Army stationed in Korea all of the black girls did not mind getting their hair done on base because the hair stylist while Korean really knew how to take care of black hair. If that does not work may be you can get the number of a hairstylist from one of the girls and they can help you. The base near Itaewon is Yongson and on South post there is a nice hotel with a beauty shop in it called the Dragon Hill. They are great and very inexpensive, you can get manicures and pedicures as well. You have to get someone to sign you on base but you do not need an Id card for the beauty shop and the restaurants last time I checked but you do need a military Id for the shoppette and commissary. I know it is not exactly what you asked for but I hope it helps and good luck:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
mileage rate